Health Center Planning Grants Technical Assistance
Health Center Planning Grants (HRSA-11-021) Final Progress Report Technical Assistance Call
Progress report must be submitted via the Electronic Handbooks (EHB) on or before 11:59 PM ET, November 30.
About the Health Center Planning Grants Program
Planning grants are considered to be a useful aid in the development of viable proposals to establish new health centers (i.e., Community Health Center (CHC), Migrant Health Center (MHC), Health Care for the Homeless (HCH), and Public Housing Primary Care (PHPC) Programs) that will meet Federal requirements for need, services, management, and governance under the Health Center Program. HRSA is offering Planning Grants to expand the current safety net on a national basis by targeting planning and developmental efforts in areas not currently served by a funded health center and/or in areas of unmet need.
Applicants eligible to compete include public or private nonprofit entities, including tribal, faith-based and community organizations.
Applicant may NOT be a current section 330(c), (e), (g), (h), (i), and/or (l) funded health center.
- Propose all of the planning activities associated with the development of a section 330 health center:
- Conducting a comprehensive needs assessment;
- Designing an appropriate health care service delivery model, based on the comprehensive needs assessment;
- Efforts to secure financial, professional, and technical assistance;
- Increasing community involvement in the development and/or operational stages of a comprehensive health center;
- Developing linkages/building partnerships with other providers in the community, including any federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), health departments, local hospitals, and rural health clinics.
- Limit the use of Planning Grant funding to planning a health center in a single community and target population (i.e., applicants may not propose planning activities in multiple service areas).
- Request one-time Federal section 330 funding (for the one-year project period) that DOES NOT exceed the established annual cap of $80,000.
- Adhere to the 80-page limit on the length of the application when printed by HRSA. The page limit includes the project abstract, program narrative, budget presentation, and attachments.
Forms and Sample Documents
- Form 1A: General Information Worksheet (PDF - 68 KB) (Word - 73 KB)
- Form 4: Community Characteristics (PDF - 81 KB) (Word - 83 KB)
- Form 12: Organization Contacts (PDF - 38 KB) (Word - 47 KB)
- Project Work Plan (PDF - 149 KB)(Word - 31KB)
- Sample Work Plan (PDF - 97 KB) (Word - 22 KB)
Health Center Planning Grants (HRSA-11-021) Mid-Year Progress Report Technical Assistance
Health Center Planning Grants (HRSA-11-021) Pre-Applicant Technical Assistance
Avni Shridharani at email@example.com
Travis Wright at TWright@hrsa.gov or 301-443-0676
Electronic Submission Questions
BPHC HelpLine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-974-BPHC (2742)
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM ET