Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike
Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alikes are community-based health care providers that meet the requirements of the HRSA Health Center Program, but do not receive Health Center Program funding. They provide primary care services in underserved areas, provide care on a sliding fee scale based on ability to pay and operate under a governing board that includes patients.
The defining legislation for Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alikes (under the Consolidated Health Center Program) is Section 1905(l)(2)(B) of the Social Security Act.
For more information on Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alikes, see Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike Program.
- Check if your site is already registered. Search the covered entities database to make sure you are not already registered.
- Be aware of the latest registration dates and deadlines. The current registration periods are listed on the top right corner of this page, along with a link to the OPA database and registration forms. The registration forms are open only during the registration periods.
- Collect needed information. You will need to supply your Medicaid billing number or National Provider Identifier (if you will be billing Medicaid for drugs purchased at 340B prices) and grant number (if applicable), as well as basic information such as your mailing address and a point of contact.
- Check if the site is active in the Electronic Handbook. Check the Electronic Handbook to ensure that the site you want to register is listed as "Active." If it is not active, contact your project officer to find out how to make it active.
- Identify your Authorizing Official. Only an individual who can bind the organization to a contract, such as a CEO, COO, CFO, or program manager can submit the 340B online registration, although you can designate another employee (not a consultant or contractor) to be the primary contact.
- Prepare to complete in one session. The authorizing official must complete the online registration in one session. If left inactive, the session will close and you will need to start over.
Once approved, an email will be sent to the address provided on your registration. The message will confirm your successful enrollment in the 340B program and will include the date on which you can begin purchasing 340B discounted drugs and the 340B identification number that manufacturers, wholesalers, and others will use to verify your participation in the 340B program.
For technical assistance, please contact Apexus Answers at ApexusAnswers@340bpvp.com or 1-888-340-2787.