Tribal & Urban Indian Health Centers
Tribal Contract or Compact Health Centers (also called a 638 contract or compact) are operated by Tribes or Tribal organizations and Urban Indian Health Centers are outpatient health care programs and facilities that specialize in caring for American Indians and Alaska natives. They are operated under under the Indian Self-Determination Act.
Urban Indian Health Centers are designated Federally Qualified Health Centers that provide comprehensive primary care and related services to American Indians and Alaska Natives. The facilities are owned or leased by Urban Indian organizations and receive grant and contract funding through Title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act..
To be eligible to participate in the 340B Drug Pricing Program, these health centers must be operated by programs funded under P.L. 93-638 or 25 USCS §1651.
- Check if your site is already registered. Search the covered entities database to make sure you are not already registered.
- Be aware of the latest registration dates and deadlines. The current registration periods are listed on the top right corner of this page, along with a link to the OPA database and registration forms. The registration forms are open only during the registration periods.
- Collect needed information. You will need to supply your Medicaid billing number or National Provider Identifier (if you will be billing Medicaid for drugs purchased at 340B prices) and grant number (if applicable), as well as basic information such as your mailing address and a point of contact.
- Identify your Authorizing Official. Only an individual who can bind the organization to a contract, such as a CEO, COO, CFO, or program manager can submit the 340B online registration, although you can designate another employee (not a consultant or contractor) to be the primary contact.
- Prepare to complete in one session. The authorizing official must complete the online registration in one session. If left inactive, the session will close and you will need to start over.
Once approved, an email will be sent to the address provided on your registration. The message will confirm your successful enrollment in the 340B program and will include the date on which you can begin purchasing 340B discounted drugs and the 340B identification number that manufacturers, wholesalers, and others will use to verify your participation in the 340B program.