Health Resources and Services Administration
Delta RHPI Selection Considerations
Basic criteria for selection:
- Geographic location, counties listed by the Delta Regional Authority, and
- Less than 200 beds.
Additional considerations for selecting hospitals to participate in consultations:
- Receipt of a completed application for RHPI services.
- Demonstrated support by the hospital's Board for participation in RHPI.
- Demonstrated need for technical assistance as shown through financial or operational indicators.
- Willingness to participate in all steps of the performance improvement process:
- Examination of current hospital performance
- Identification of strategies for improvement
- Implementation of strategies
- Provision of outcome data resulting from the consultation
- Participation in program activities that support sustainability
- The hospital Chief Executive Officer shall be actively involved and engaged in the project, and facilitate the consultation to implement performance improvement recommendations.
- Hospitals that have been previously served with onsite consultations should demonstrate expected progress in implementing performance improvement recommendations. Consideration is given when the hospital has experienced a major change such as loss of its administrator.
- State hospital association and/or state office of rural health recommendation that the hospital is a good candidate and would benefit from the service.
- No pending or anticipated issues that would hinder the consultation process.
- Congruence between hospital needs and available consulting services.