Bureau of Health Workforce
Acting Deputy Associate Administrator
CAPT Sheila Norris
Division of Policy and Shortage Designation
Division of Business Operations
Division of External Affairs
National Center for Health Workforce Analysis
Division of Medicine and Dentistry
Division of Nursing and Public Health
CDR Joel Nelson
Division of Practitioner Data Bank
Division of Participant Support and Compliance
Division of Health Careers and Financial Support
Division of National Health Service Corps
CAPT Shari Campbell
Division of Regional Operations
Last Reviewed: January 2017
Agency Overview (PDF - 210 KB)
HRSA Year in Review (PDF - 1 MB)
BHW at a Glance
FY 2016 Annual Report Executive Summary (PDF - 855 KB)
Fact Sheet (PDF - 220 KB)
Workforce Connections (PDF - 318 KB)
Scholarships & Loan Repayment For Clinicians
U.S. Health Workforce Data and Information
Health Workforce Development
Did You Know?
- The U.S. faces shortages of primary care physicians, dentists, nurses, public health and other health professionals.
- The Nation's health care workforce does not currently reflect the diversity of the population that it serves.
- The aging of the population is a significant trend that requires retooling the health workforce to deal with geriatric issues.
- 9,600 National Health Service Corps clinicians are providing health care to more than 10 million people across the nation and nearly 1,250 NHSC scholarship recipients are preparing to practice in underserved areas.
- More than 2,200 NURSE Corps nurses are providing care where they are needed most and an additional 717 NURSE Corps scholarship recipients will begin their service once they complete their training.
- Office of the Administrator
- Bureau of Health Workforce
- Bureau of Primary Health Care
- HIV/AIDS Bureau
- Healthcare Systems Bureau
- Maternal & Child Health Bureau
- Office of Federal Assistance Management
- Office of Global Health
- Office of Health Equity
- Office of Operations
- Office of Regional Operations
- Office of Women's Health
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- Office of Planning, Analysis and Evaluation
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Staff