Who can apply:
1) You must be a domestic public or private, nonprofit entity, as demonstrated through the submission of the Evidence of Non-profit/Public Center Status (Attachment 11), outlined in Section IV.2.vi.10 Faith-based and community-based organizations, Tribes, and tribal organizations are eligible to apply.11
2) You must propose in the RESPONSE section of the Project Narrative to operate a health center that makes all required primary health care services (see footnote 6) available and accessible in the service area, either directly or through established arrangements, without regard for ability to pay. You may not propose to provide ONLY a single service or any subset of the required primary health care services.
3) You must propose on Form 5A: Services Provided to make General Primary Medical Care available directly (Column I) and/or through formal written contractual agreements in which the health center pays for the service (Column II).
4) You must provide continuity of services, ensuring availability and accessibility of services to residents of the service area, by proposing to serve an announced service area, as well as:
a) Patients: The total number of unduplicated patients that you project to serve in calendar year 2024 (January 1 – December 31, 2024) as entered on Form 1A: General Information Worksheet must be at least 75 percent of the SAAT Patient Target.
b) Services: You must project patients on Form 1A: General Information Worksheet for each Service Type (e.g., Medical, Mental Health, Enabling) listed for the service area in the SAAT.
c) Service Area: If you are a new or competing supplement applicant, you must enter Service Area Zip Codes on Form 5B: Service Sites for service delivery sites (administrative-only sites will not be considered) that:12
• Include a combination of SAAT Service Area Zip Codes where zip code patient percentages total at least 75 percent of the current patients served; or
• Include all SAAT Service Area Zip Codes for the proposed service area, if the sum of all zip code patient percentages is less than 75 percent of the current patients served.
d) Populations: You must propose to serve all population types listed in the SAAT (i.e., CHC, MHC, HCH, and/or PHPC) and maintain the funding distribution from the SAAT in the federal funding request on the SF-424A. You may not add new population types (those noted in the SAAT with $0 in funding).
5) If you are a new or competing supplement applicant, you must propose a