PRB General Distribution and ARP Rural FAQ
Download all Provider Relief Fund FAQs (PDF - 561 KB)
Phase 2 - Application Process
If the parent organization does not have an NPI, the applicant should insert the subsidiary Group NPI that is best representative of the health care services delivered by the parent organization's subsidiaries. If the parent organization and its subsidiaries do not have an NPI, the applicant should enter "not applicable." The field cannot be left blank.
The first Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal was used for providers who received a General Distribution payment prior to Friday, April 24th. These providers were required to submit financial information in order to receive approximately 2% of revenues derived from patient care.
HHS has developed the new Provider Relief Fund Application and Attestation Portal for providers who bill Medicaid and CHIP (e.g., pediatricians, long-term care, and behavioral health providers) or are dental providers. HHS has since expanded eligibility to other providers, including those who may not have received additional funds as part of the Phase 1 – General Distribution.
Applicants should enter the most recent revenues number from its federal tax return of 2017, 2018, or 2019. If the applicant for tax purposes is a:
- Sole proprietor or disregarded entity owned by an individual: Enter Line 3 from IRS Form 1040, Schedule C excluding any income reported on W-2.
- Partnership: Enter Line 1c minus Line 12 from IRS Form 1065.
- C corporation: Enter Line 1c minus Line 15 from IRS Form 1120.
- S corporation: Enter Line 1c minus Line 10 from IRS Form 1120-S.
- Tax-exempt organization: Enter Line 9 from IRS Form 990 minus any joint venture income, if included in Part VIII lines 2a – 2f.
- Trust or estate: Enter Line 3 from IRS Form 1040, Schedule C.
- Entity not required to file any of the previously mentioned IRS forms: Enter a "net patient service revenue" number or equivalent from the applicant's most recent audited financial statements (or management-prepared financial statements)
- Applicants with gross revenue adjustments should enter an adjusted gross revenues number as calculated using the Gross Revenues Worksheet in Field 15 available at: https://www.uhcprovider.com/content/dam/provider/docs/public/other/PRF-Gross-Revenues-Worksheet.xlsx (XLSX - 12 KB).
HHS is working to process all providers' submissions as quickly as possible. HHS may seek additional information from providers as necessary to complete its review.
- The applicant's most recent federal income tax return for 2017, 2018 or 2019 or a written statement explaining why the applicant is exempt from filing a federal income tax return (e.g. a state-owned hospital or health care clinic).
- If required by Field 15, the applicant's Gross Revenue Worksheet (provided by HHS).