- HRSA’s Fiscal Year 2022 Rural Investments (PDF - 204 KB)
- Rural State fact sheets
- Rural Communities Opioid Response Program (RCORP) Overview
- Telehealth for Rural Areas Best Practice Guide
- Previous HRSA National Rural Health Day events
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (nosorh.org)
This year, we celebrated National Rural Health Day on Thursday, November 17, 2022.
The theme was "Advancing Behavioral Health Equity in Rural Communities." We highlighted innovative ways that rural communities address behavioral health challenges and expand access to behavioral health care services for those who need them the most.
We also heard from HHS agencies on their work to strengthen the rural health workforce and improve rural Americans' access to vital mental health and substance use disorder services.
National Rural Health Day Events
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Understanding the Impact of Intimate Partner Violence and Human Trafficking in Rural Communities (HRSA Event)
FORHP, Office of Women’s Health, Futures Without Violence, National Domestic Violence Hotline, and Samaritan Health Services This webinar raised awareness about Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) in rural communities and how to identify and address it.
IPV and Human Trafficking are threats to public health. They often go under the radar, especially in rural communities, due to lack of awareness. Those experiencing it may look “normal”, interact with the community, and not identify as victims.
- FORHP Grantee Stories This webinar showcased innovative ways rural grantees are advancing behavioral health equity in their communities.
- HHS Leadership Panel Leaders from various HHS agencies shared how HHS programs and initiatives are advancing rural behavioral health equity.
Catherine Oakar, Special Assistant to the President for Public Health and Disparities, White House Domestic Policy Council
Why Do We Celebrate National Rural Health Day?
National Rural Health Day is an opportunity to celebrate the “power of rural.” We use this day to highlight the unique healthcare challenges that rural citizens face. We showcase the efforts healthcare providers, State Offices of Rural Health, and other stakeholders take to address health care disparities in rural communities.
We highlight the healthcare challenges for people who live in rural areas. Then, we show how our programs and policies address these challenges.