Health Center Controlled Networks Technical Assistance
Health Center Controlled Networks (HRSA-13-267) Application Technical Assistance
Purpose of the Health Center Controlled Networks Funding
The purpose of the Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN) funding opportunity is to advance the adoption and implementation of Health Information Technology (HIT) and to support quality improvement in health centers throughout the United States and its territories. HCCN grants will support the adoption and meaningful use of electronic health records (EHRs) and technology-enabled quality-improvement strategies in health centers. HRSA anticipates that up to $2 million may be available to support three to five additional grant awards in FY 2013.
Application Technical Assistance
To be eligible, the applicant organization must:
- Be a public or private non-profit organization, including tribal and community-based organizations.
- Be either:
- A practice management network (also referred to as a Health Center Controlled Network or HCCN) controlled by and acting on behalf of health centers funded under Section 330 of the PHS Act. The HCCN must be majority controlled and, as applicable, majority owned by such health centers. For the purposes of this FOA, the term “controlled” means to have the authority collectively to appoint a minimum of 51 percent of the HCCN’s board members; OR
- A health center, funded for at least the two consecutive preceding years under Section 330 of the PHS Act, applying on behalf of a HCCN.
- Provide evidence of at least 10 Health Center Program grantees committed to participating with the HCCN to achieve the three goals of the grant program (adoption and implementation, meaningful use, and quality improvement) within their organizations.
This FOA also has exclusionary criteria. To be eligible, the applicant organization CANNOT:
- Be an HCCN funded in December 2012 under HRSA-13-237.
- Propose participating health centers that are currently participating in projects funded under HRSA-13-237.
See the HRSA-13-237 Funded HCCNs and their Participating Health Centers in the Application Technical Assistance section above for a list of these grantees and participating health centers.
Program Questions: Andrea Bainbridge, HRSA Bureau of Primary Health Care, Office of Policy and Program Development BPHCHCCN@hrsa.gov
Budget Questions: Bryan Rivera, HRSA Office of Federal Assistance Management, Division of Grants Management Operations BRivera@hrsa.gov
Last updated 02/25/2013