HRSA's Federal Advisory Committees advise or make recommendations on matters relating to the programs, responsibilities, or activities of the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Federal Advisory Committee Act (P.L. 92-463) (PDF)defines federal advisory committees and provides general procedures to follow for their operation. FACA ensures that Congress and the public are kept informed with respect to the purpose, membership, and activities of advisory committees.
A Designated Federal Official is responsible for each Committee's management and administrative matters.
- Advisory Committee on Interdisciplinary, Community-Based Linkages
- Advisory Committee on Training in Primary Care Medicine and Dentistry
- Council on Graduate Medical Education
- National Advisory Council on Nursing Education and Practice
- National Advisory Council on the National Health Service Corps
Maternal and Child Health
- Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children
- Advisory Committee on Infant and Maternal Mortality*
Rural Health and Migrant Health
- National Advisory Council on Migrant Health
- National Advisory Committee on Rural Health and Human Services*
* Indicates a discretionary advisory committee authorized by statute; all others are non-discretionary advisory committees mandated by statute.