NHSC needs you
Lend your expertise and unique experiences. You can address healthcare delivery needs in underserved areas. Become a member—make a positive impact.
What is the commitment?
- A 3-year term
- Up to four meetings each year (Each meeting lasts for two days in a row)
How do I become a member?
You can be nominated or submit a self-nomination.
If you are nominated by someone, they should send a letter stating:
- The name, affiliation, and contact information for the nominee;
- The basis for the nomination; and
- The nominator’s contact information:
- Include name, address, daytime telephone number, and email address.
Letters must be from an employer, colleague, and/or professional organization.
If you decide to self-nominate, your letter should include:
- Traits that would qualify you for the position.
- Your affiliation, contact information, and area of expertise.
- The specific reason(s) you feel the NACNHSC would benefit from your membership.
Note: In accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 208, current NHSC Scholarship Program and Loan Repayment Program participants are not able to serve as members of the National Advisory Council on the National Health Service Corps (NACNHSC). Once your service commitment is complete, you can apply to become a member of the Council, and if eligible, you may be selected to serve on the NACNHSC.
What else should my nomination include?
- A Letter of interest from the nominee
- Include the reasons they would like to serve on the NACNHSC.
- A biographical sketch of the nominee
- A copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae
- The nominee’s contact information
- It is optional, but we recommend you include a cover letter.