The Provider Relief Fund (PRF) Phase 4 and American Rescue Plan (ARP) Rural Reconsideration process is intended for providers who believe their Phase 4/ARP Rural payment was not calculated correctly.
- This reconsideration process is not an opportunity for providers to submit an application for Phase 4/ARP Rural funding. The deadline to apply has passed.
- Providers will not be able to revise or correct their original application (e.g., elect to be considered for ARP Rural payment after their Phase 4/ARP Rural application was submitted).
- The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) will not make changes to payment determinations that would require a change to payment methodology or policy.
Please note that the submission of a PRF Phase 4/ARP Rural reconsideration request to HRSA does not guarantee an approval of, or adjustment to, payment. Further, any approval of or adjustment to payment determinations is subject to the availability of funds.
Requesting a Phase 4/ARP Rural Payment Reconsideration
HRSA is committed to transparency and proactive communications around PRF payments. To this end, HRSA has published the methodology used to calculate the Phase 4/ARP Rural payments. Providers who believe their Phase 4/ARP Rural payment was not calculated correctly according to this methodology will now have an opportunity to request reconsideration.
The reconsiderations process will provide a process for correcting potential errors in Phase 4/ARP Rural payment calculations. HRSA will review the original Phase 4/ARP Rural application again and will request any clarifying information, as needed. Providers may not revise or correct their submitted application.
Required Steps for Submitting a Phase 4/ARP Rural Payment Reconsideration Request
Step 1: Review the detailed PRF Phase 4 and ARP Rural Payment Methodology so that you understand how your payment was calculated.
- HRSA will only consider reconsideration requests from providers who believe their Phase 4/ARP Rural payment calculation was incorrect.
- HRSA will not make changes to payment determinations that would require a change to payment methodology or policy.
Step 2: Gather the documents and information you will need in order to submit a Phase 4/ARP Rural reconsideration request:
- A copy of your payment determination letter from HRSA.
- Your DocuSign Envelope ID. (Learn how to retrieve your DocuSign Envelope ID.)
- The contact information and Tax ID Number (TIN) included on the original Phase 4/ARP Rural application.
- The reason you believe your Phase 4/ARP Rural payment was calculated incorrectly, tied to the PRF Phase 4 and ARP Rural Payment Methodology.
Step 3: Complete the PRF Reconsideration Request Form.
Step 4: Submit the completed PRF Reconsideration Form online. Applicants are encouraged to apply early to facilitate review and expedite any revised payments made as a result of the reconsiderations process. All providers will have at least 45 days from the date of their Phase 4/ARP Rural payment determination notification to submit a reconsideration request. The submission deadline will be updated following distribution of all remaining Phase 4/ARP Rural payments.
- Note: PRF payment determinations are sent to providers via email from UHG_HRSA@ProviderEmail.uhc.com. Providers are advised to add this email address to their “Safe Sender” list and to also check their “Spam” and “Junk Mail” folders regularly. Doing so will ensure that emails sent to providers are received and that providers do not inadvertently miss their payment determination or related correspondence.
Completing the PRF Phase 4/ARP Rural Reconsideration Request Form
- Ensure the “Application Information” you submit on your Reconsideration Request Form matches your original Phase 4/ARP Rural application submission. This is very important because HRSA needs this information to link your reconsideration request to your original Phase 4/ARP Rural application.
- Complete all required fields in the PRF Reconsideration Request Form. HRSA must have all of this information in order to quickly and accurately retrieve your original application materials for review.
- Do not include any supplemental information or documentation beyond completing the PRF Reconsideration Request Form and uploading your Phase 4/ARP Rural payment determination letter. HRSA will only review your original submitted application and will request any clarifying information from you directly, as needed.
If the PRF Reconsideration Request Form is not completed accurately with the information described above, or if the application is submitted after the final submission deadline, HRSA will not be able to conduct a review of the reconsideration request and it will be denied.
Please note that the submission of a PRF Reconsideration Request to HRSA does not guarantee an approval of, or adjustment to, payment. Any correction to payment determinations is subject to the availability of funds.
Phase 3 Payment Reconsideration
The Phase 3 Payment Reconsideration period closed on November 12, 2021. HRSA is processing the requests that were received, including reviewing providers’ original submitted applications again based on the established PRF Phase 3 Payment Methodology (PDF - 175 KB).
Given the volume of requests received and the complexity of the reviews, HRSA anticipates that review of Phase 3 reconsideration requests will occur over an extended period of time. The Phase 3 reconsiderations process is separate and independent from the Phase 4/ARP Rural reconsideration process. Providers may request Phase 4/ARP Rural reconsideration, even if their Phase 3 reconsideration request is still being reviewed. This will not affect the outcome of either the Phase 4/ARP Rural reconsideration request or the Phase 3 reconsideration request.
The Provider Support Line at 866-569-3522 (for TTY, dial 711) is available if you need additional assistance. When calling, providers should have ready the following information:
- The recipient's or applicant's Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- The name of the recipient or applicant as it appears on the most recent tax filing
- The mailing address for the recipient or applicant as it appears on the most recent tax filing