- The PRF Reporting Portal is open from November 13 to December 2, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET for providers who have been approved to submit a late RP5 report. Providers must return unused funds to HRSA within 30 days of submitting a report.
- Providers who were not approved to submit a report must return funds to HRSA immediately.
- Visit the Returning Funds webpage for more details and instructions on returning funds to HRSA.
Late reporting for Reporting Period 5
Step 1: Register in the Provider Relief Fund reporting portal
A reporting Tax ID Number (TIN) submitting reports in multiple reporting periods will only need to register once. However, those new to the reporting process will need to complete this step.
Registration takes approximately 20 minutes and must be completed in a single session.
What information do I need to complete the registration process in the PRF Reporting Portal?
Information required to register is as follows:
- Tax ID Number (TIN) [or other number submitted during the application process (e.g., Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN))]
- Business name of the Reporting Entity (as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- Contact information (i.e., name, phone number, email) of the person responsible for submitting the report
- Address (i.e., street, city, state, five-digit zip code) of the Reporting Entity as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- TIN(s) of subsidiaries (if a provider is reporting on behalf of subsidiary(ies) - in a list delimited by commas, e.g.,123456789,987654321,135791357)
- Payment information (for any one of the PRF payments received)
- TIN of entity that received the payment. The TIN must be a TIN that received a PRF and/or ARP Rural payment as it will be validated during the registration process.
- Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH). If Check is selected, Check Number is displayed. If Direct Deposit (ACH) is selected, Settlement Date (ACH) is displayed.
- Payment amount
Reporting Entities will need to create a username (in the form of an email address) and a password during the registration process.
Step 2: Read the reporting requirements notice
The Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements, updated on April 7, 2023, provides details on how to report on the use of funds. This supersedes all previous Notices of Reporting Requirements. Read the Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements (PDF - 344 KB) and reference the Reporting and Auditing FAQs.
These reporting requirements do not apply to recipients of funds from:
- Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Testing Program and/or Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program - If your TIN received only a Rural Health Clinic (RHC) COVID-19 Testing Program and/or RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program payment(s) and did not receive other PRF payments, do not register in the PRF Reporting Portal. For RHC COVID-19 Testing Program and RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program reporting requirements, contact RHCCOVID-19Testing@hrsa.gov and check the RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program reporting webpage.
- HRSA's COVID-19 Claims Reimbursement to Health Care Providers and Facilities for Testing, Treatment, and Vaccine Administration for the Uninsured Program.
- HRSA's COVID-19 Coverage Assistance Fund.
What data categories are required for reporting?
- Reporting Entity Business Information
- Subsidiary Questionnaire
- Acquired/Divested Subsidiaries
- Interest Earned on PRF, Phase 4 and/or ARP Rural Payment(s)
- Tax and Single Audit Information
- Other Assistance Received
- Use of PRF (General and Targeted), including Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution, including any Quality Incentive Program, and/or ARP Rural Payments
- Unreimbursed Expenses Attributable to Coronavirus
- Lost Revenues Attributable to Coronavirus (and additional revenue information depending upon the option selected to calculate lost revenues)
- Personnel, Patient, and Facility Metrics
- Survey Questions
Step 3: Complete and submit your report
The following browsers and operating systems are supported for the best experience:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Mac: macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or later
- Windows: Windows 7 or later
- iOS: iOS 13 or later
- Android: Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
Archived reporting requirements notices
Need help with reporting?
We have detailed answers to common questions related to reporting requirements and auditing. Read the Reporting and Auditing FAQ.
For all other questions related to reporting, call the Provider Support Line at 866-569-3522; for TTY dial 711. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. Hours are subject to change.