Step 1: Register in the Provider Relief Fund Reporting Portal
A reporting Tax ID Number (TIN) submitting reports in multiple reporting periods will only need to register once. However, those new to the reporting process will need to complete this step.
Registration takes approximately 20 minutes and must be completed in a single session.
What information do I need to complete the registration process in the PRF Reporting Portal?
Information required to register is as follows:
- Tax ID Number (TIN) [or other number submitted during the application process (e.g., Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN))]
- Business name of the Reporting Entity (as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- Contact information (i.e., name, phone number, email) of the person responsible for submitting the report
- Address (i.e., street, city, state, five-digit zip code) of the Reporting Entity as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- TIN(s) of subsidiaries (if a provider is reporting on behalf of subsidiary(ies) - in a list delimited by commas, e.g.,123456789,987654321,135791357)
- Payment information (for any one of the PRF payments received)
- TIN of entity that received the payment
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH)
- Check number or ACH settlement date
Reporting Entities will need to create a username (in the form of an email address) and a password during the registration process.
Step 2: Read the Reporting Requirements Notice
The Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements, updated on April 7, 2023, provides details on how to report on the use of funds. This supersedes all previous Notices of Reporting Requirements. Read the Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements (PDF - 344 KB) and reference the Reporting and Auditing FAQs.
These reporting requirements do not apply to recipients of funds from:
What data categories are required for reporting?
- Reporting Entity Business Information
- Subsidiary Questionnaire
- Acquired/Divested Subsidiaries
- Interest Earned on PRF Payment(s)
- Tax and Single Audit Information
- Other Assistance Received
- Use of PRF (General and Targeted), including Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution, including any Quality Incentive Program, and/or ARP Rural Payments
- Unreimbursed Expenses Attributable to Coronavirus
- Lost Revenues Attributable to Coronavirus (and additional revenue information depending upon the option selected to calculate lost revenues)
- Personnel, Patient, and Facility Metrics
- Survey Questions
Step 3: Complete and Submit Your Report
Complete and submit your report via the PRF Reporting Portal. For further information, refer to the Reporting Portal User Guide - Reporting (PDF - 9 MB).
The following browsers and operating systems are supported for the best experience:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Mac: macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or later
- Windows: Windows 7 or later
- iOS: iOS 13 or later
- Android: Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or later
Archived Reporting Requirements Notices
View our Archived Reporting Requirements Notices page.
Need Help With Reporting?
We have detailed answers to common questions related to reporting requirements and auditing. Read the Reporting and Auditing FAQ.
For all other questions related to reporting, call the Provider Support Line at 866-569-3522; for TTY dial 711. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. Hours are subject to change.