- RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program funds were distributed to the banking account information associated with the organization’s billing TIN, based on the organization’s number of eligible RHC sites.
- TIN organizations receiving payment that own and operate more than one RHC site may choose to distribute funds equally to RHC sites or pool-funds to achieve program goals in their local communities and RHC service areas.
- RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program funds were dispersed electronically to the bank account associated with the billing TIN organization.
- TIN organizations received a paper check if HRSA does not have an associated bank routing number.
- TIN organizations received up to $100,000 times the number of RHCs they operate.
- Automatic payments were sent via Optum Bank with payment description “COVID*ARPAct*RHCCTMPmt*HHS.GOV”
- TIN organizations were required to complete the attestation process within 90 days of receipt of RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program payment via ACH.
- TIN organizations that retained RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program payment for at least 90 days after receipt of RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program payment without contacting HHS regarding remittance of the funds were deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions (PDF - 174 KB) (PDF - 174 KB).
- A public list of TIN organizations and their payments is available on TAGGS1 once providers attest to receiving the money and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Providers that retained the funds past 90 days of receipt of RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program payment, but did not attest, were included in the public release of providers and payments.
1 TAGGS includes current total amounts attested to by providers from each of the Provider Relief Fund distributions, including the General Distribution and Targeted Distributions
- To return any unused funds (full or partial) use the Return Unused PRF Funds Portal. Instructions for returning any unused funds (PDF - 706 KB).
- If you have additional questions please contact The National Association of Rural Health Clinics (NARHC) - RHCcovidreporting@narhc.org or call the Provider Support Line at 866-569-3522 (for TTY, dial 711).
- TIN organizations that received and subsequently returned the funding are not required to report data on the RHC COVID-19 Reporting Portal .
Missing RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program Funds
- TIN organizations or RHCs that did not receive RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program funds, including newly certified RHCs, were advised to submit a request to NARHC indicating that they believe their TIN organization/RHC was eligible for the program.
- RHCCTM Program payments are no longer available.
Change of Ownership
The RHC COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation Program follows the Provider Relief Fund General Information. Please reference Ownership Structures and Financial Relationships in the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 520 KB).