1. Home
  2. About HRSA
  3. Student Educational Employment Program

Student Educational Employment Program

The Student Educational Employment Program (SEEP) provides Federal employment opportunities to students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment as degree-seeking students taking at least a half-time academic, technical, or vocational course load in an accredited high school, technical, vocational, two- or four- year college or university, graduate or professional school.


Students appointed must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:

  1. Be at least 16 years old;
  2. Be a U.S. citizen, or national, or lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident or otherwise authorized to be employed (as evidenced by documents proving citizenship). Non-citizens may be appointed provided that:
    • The student is lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident or otherwise authorized to be employed; and the Agency is authorized to pay aliens under the annual appropriations act ban and any Agency specific enabling and appropriations statutes;
  3. Pursuing any of the following accredited educational programs at least half-time: High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma; Vocational/Technical certificate; Associate Degree; Baccalaureate Degree; Graduate Degree; or Professional Degree;
  4. Be in good academic standing as determined by the academic institution (generally GPA of 2.0 or higher);
  5. Meet personnel suitability and physical requirements; and
  6. Meet the OPM Qualification Standard for the series and grade of the position.

How to Apply

Students interested in working at HRSA should send a complete package to by COB April 30, 2012.  

The subject of your message should state Student Employment – YOUR MAJOR, if applicable.  

College Students: A complete package will include a resume, unofficial transcript (if selected for a position an official transcript will be required) and a letter from you school stating you are in good standing.  

High School Students: A complete package will include a resume and letter from your school stating you are enrolled and in good standing.  


Date Last Reviewed: