We lead the agency on women's health and sex and gender issues. With our partners, our work improves the health, wellness, and safety of all women.
To advance health and wellness for women across the lifespan by leading and promoting innovative, sex and gender-responsive public health approaches.
Healthy women, healthy communities
How we achieve our goals
We perform three core functions to reach our goals:
- Advise our leaders on health issues that impact women
- Lead cross-agency partnerships to address key issues of concern for women
- Consult with key stakeholders on how to improve women’s health
What we focus on
- Improving Cervical Cancer Care Through Federal Partnerships
- Toolkit to Build Provider Capacity (PDF - 2 MB)
Intimate partner violence
- HRSA's Strategy to Address Intimate Partner Violence
- Addressing Intimate Partner Violence and Human Trafficking in Communities
Opioid use in women
- Supporting Care for Women with Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
- Caring for Women with Opioid Use Disorder: A Toolkit for Organization Leaders and Providers (PDF - 5 MB)
How we share our work
We share our work through webinars and newsletters.
Watch our webinars
We link all recordings and transcripts on our Webinars page. We list links to other resources we think you might find helpful, as well.
Receive our newsletters
We share updates and resources in our OWH Updates newsletter. Select the Subscribe button at the bottom of the page to receive our emails.