Deputy Associate Administrator
Division of Policy and Shortage Designation
Division of Business Operations
Division of External Affairs
National Center for Health Workforce Analysis
Division of Medicine and Dentistry
CAPT Paul Jung
Division of Nursing and Public Health
CAPT Sophia Russell
Division of Practitioner Data Bank
Division of Participant Support and Compliance
CDR Antoine Smith
Division of Health Careers and Financial Support
Division of National Health Service Corps
Division of Regional Operations
Did You Know?
- The U.S. faces shortages of primary care physicians, dentists, nurses, public health and other health professionals.
- The Nation's health care workforce does not currently reflect the diversity of the population that it serves.
- The aging of the population is a significant trend that requires retooling the health workforce to deal with geriatric issues.
- More than 10,900 National Health Service Corps clinicians are providing health care to more than 11.4 million people across the nation and nearly 1,300 NHSC scholars are preparing to practice in underserved areas.
- Approximately 1,800 Nurse Corps nurses are providing care where they are needed most and an additional 400 Nurse Corps scholarship recipients will begin their service once they complete their training.