We work with the Delta Regional Authority (DRA) to improve healthcare in the Mississippi Delta region.
How does our program work?
We offer free technical assistance to those who participate. The National Rural Health Resource Center provides this technical assistance.
What technical assistance do we provide?
Our technical assistance helps you improve the health of people who live in your community. This includes:
- Delivering quality health care
- Improving performance
- Using telehealth services
- Coordinating care
- Strengthening the local health care system
- Providing social services
- Improving emergency medical services
- Recruiting and retaining healthcare workforce
What impact has DRCHSD had on the Delta region?
- 54 rural hospitals and clinics completed over 300 technical assistance projects.
- 70% of hospitals and clinics have improved their finances.
- Nearly 25% of hospitals reduced readmission rates of patients.
- Hospitals and clinics received nearly $3.5 million to enhance telehealth equipment and systems.
Can my healthcare facility participate?
This program is open to providers in the 252 parishes and counties of the Mississippi Delta region.
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Small rural hospitals
- Rural Health Clinics
- Tribal healthcare facilities
- Other healthcare organizations
When can I apply to DRCHSD?
You can apply to DRCHSD at any time. Technical assistance services begin each winter.