System for Award Management (SAM) Registration

Remember to keep your SAM Registration ActiveApplicants!: Your SAM registration must be updated annually. An expired SAM registration is the leading cause of rejected applications.

Please check that your SAM registration is active *early* in the process. If it is not active, your grant application will be rejected.





Register with the SAM

 Go to the SAM (System for Award Management), formerly Central Contractor Registration.

Select Create User Account or Regsiter/Update Entity and complete the form, which will take about an hour.

You must have your DUNS number and other information about your organization, including its Tax ID number, which is the same as an Employer Identification Number (EIN). If you do not have an EIN, Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online and get your EIN immediately. You will also need to provide "core data," such as the business start date, Congressional district and physical and mailing addresses.

You will also need to provide points of contact and designate an E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC) and a Marketing Partner Identification Number (MPIN). The MPIN is your organization’s personal code that acts as a password and will later be used by the E-BIZ POC to approve Authorized Organization Representatives (AORs) in

After you submit your SAM registration and your information is validated, you will receive an email from letting you know your registration is active.

To keep your SAM registration active, be sure to renew at least once each year. Renewal can take 5 days or longer if incomplete or incorrect information is provided. . If your registration expires, you cannot submit a grant application until it is renewed.



Date Last Reviewed:  April 2017